A medical certificate is a document in which a licensed professional attests to the state of health of a person. This type of document usually has the validity of one month from the time it is issued.
Do I need a certified translation of my medical certificate?
The medical certificate in Spain is issued in official stamped paperso it is also considered a official documentof a medical nature and with legal implications. This document will always need to be presented in the language of the destination country or place where we have to carry out a certain procedure. Therefore, if we are asked to translate it, it will probably have to be a certified translation, signed and stamped by a sworn translator who will give it legal validity.
What kind of medical documents are most often translated?
We can highlight the following:
- Medical certificate: is a document that explains in summary the state of health of a person at a given time.
- Medical report: describes in detail a particular disorder or problem of a person, reflecting its history and possible treatment.
- Certificate of medical insurance: this document is issued by the relevant insurance company and is proof that a person has certain medical coverage.
Why do I need to translate my medical certificate?
Many procedures require the translation of a medical certificate. Among them we are going to mention:
- Taking out medical insurance
- Applying for a visa
- International travel
- Obtaining a work permit
- Obtain a gun license
- Obtain a pilot’s license
- Obtain a license to work with heavy machinery
- Development of risk sports
- Obtaining a leave of absence from work
- International adoptions
If you have any questions or would like more information or a price for the sworn translation of your medical certificate, please contact us through the form and we will help you!